CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 22, 2010

Here are some layouts

I waited until the last minute to print pictures to bring with me to the crop.  They hadn't arrived by the time the car was packed so I had to go with plan B.  I went through all the pictures I had printed and pulled out the older pictures I have been avoiding for months or even some for years and vowed to get through as many as possible.

With as much paper as I have, how is that I can't find the "right" papers to scrap a certain set of pictures?  I have had these pictures of Abbie with her new Crayola Crayon maker sitting on my desk for months and I just couldn't put the right papers with them.  While at the crop last weekend, I asked Shannon and Holly for their opinion and here is what they helped me pick out:


It doesn't seem like it, but I spent more than hour trying to put this together.  Not because it is the most awesome layout ever, but because I just didn't know what to do with the pictures.  I can't say that I "love" the way it turned out, but I am happy that I don't have these sitting on my desk anymore.

The patterned paper is from Jilli Bean Soup and Scenic Route, the red letters and black rub ons are from Pink Paislee, the photo anchors are from CTMH and I used Ranger Stickles on the black letters.

Here is another set of pictures I struggled with:



These were just random left over pictures that I really liked but wasn't sure what to do with.  There wasn't much journaling to go with them either.  I like this one better than the first one though.

The background paper is Bazzill, the letters are Thickers, The circle stickers are from K & company and the rest of the stuff was from my scrap stash so I'm not really sure where it came from.



I can't believe how little Abbie is in these pictures!!  We took a field trip to the Jackson Police Department.  This was 6 years ago!! 

I hadn't been inspired by these pictures either.  Maybe it was because I REALLY wanted to scrap all the awesome pictures from this past summer instead.  Oh well, at least they are done and now I can move onto some newer more current pictures.  I still need to journal on here but it was really late I didn't want to misspell anything.

So what do you do when you're not inspired by your photos?  Do you have a "go to" place for inspiration?  Do you use sketches?  Do you leave the pictures for another day?  I really want to know so leave me a comment with your answer.

Tomorrow I'll show some of the layouts I made that I liked and some of the new stuff that I bought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment