CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 9, 2010

Sandcastles and Layouts

So a few weekends ago we were at the beach and saw the most amazing sandcastle.  A gentleman had just finished making it and was admiring his work along with several other people.  The following day, the same guy was building another, even more amazing sandcastle.  It was late in the day and he didn't have a crowd so we decided to ask a few questions.  He explained his techniques and showed us his tools of the trade while Tom took mental notes.  For the next few weeks, Tom gathered the necessary supplies and made his way to the beach.  This was his and Abbie's second attempt at sandcastle building:




Didn't they do an AMAZING job??  I was so proud of them!!  We'll be heading out to the beach again this weekend so I'll keep posted...

Now on to scrappin'...I was able to sneak in a quick layout this week among all the craziness that is life.  Here it is:
It's a bit cloudy out today so I didn't have very good light for the picture.  But this is Abbie putting on a My Little Pony show quite a few years ago. 

The paper is Fancy Pants, My Mind's Eye and some random cardstock I had in the scrap drawer.  The letters are Thickers.  The brown border stickers are from Basic Grey and the red ribbon came in a kit so I don't where it came from but it's really cute!!

I was trying to keep it to one page so there aren't too many embellishments as the pics took up most of the room.  I love trying to get a bunch pics on one page. 

That's all for now!!  Later!!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap they did an awesome job!!

    They are so going to enter the contest next year!

    ReplyDelete