CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 22, 2010

Cake Pops

I have been cooking and baking way more than scrapping lately.  Val is in culinary school and she reads the most amazing food blogs.  I decided to start following a bunch of them to help get me out of my food rut.  I have tried so many recipes that I can't fit another thing into my freezer.  They have all been successful...for the most part anyway.

This weekend I wanted to try out a dessert for Christmas...Cake Pops.  I have seen them on various blogs with various ways of making them.  Some use crushed Oreos as their base (I'm not a fan of Oreos so this wasn't too exciting for me), some use boxed cake mix with frosting as the binding agent, but I wanted to be more adventurous than that.  That's when I found this recipe.  Dark Chocolate Cake.  If I was going to venture into something new, why not go all the way and make the cake from scratch.  I'm so glad I did.  It has to be the best chocolate cake I have ever had!!  Super moist and rich.  I then used her Cake Pop recipe, you can find it here

Let me walk you through my adventure:

First I needed to spend a large amount of money on supplies


After I made the cake I crumbled it up and mixed it with the butter, cream cheese and sugar.  I put half of the mixture in the freezer for Christmas and the other half in the fridge to chill over night.  Then Abbie and I rolled them into balls and cut them into fun little shapes.


After chillin' in the fridge again, I stuck the sticks in and started dipping.  FYI...the mittens didn't make it.  They were too thin and they fell apart.  Abbie and I ate them anyway so they didn't feel like their life's goal wasn't accomplished.


I dipped them in the chocolate and Abbie decorated them with sprinkles and small edible stars.  The snowmen were a good idea in my head, but they didn't turn out that great.  Again, we ate them anyway!!


Here is a better view of my sad looking snowmen.


The Christmas trees were my favorite.  I'm sure I'll make more of them this weekend.  Isn't that an awesome dishwasher???  I need to plan my pics and the background better, don't ya think??


Another failed idea...Santa hat.


So there you have it.  One of the many cooking adventures from this weekend.  Don't worry, I'll be back to scrappin soon...I hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment