CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

November 24, 2010

Banners!!

Last week there was sketch and challenge over at Sassie Lil Sketches.  I really liked the sketch and the challenge to put a banner on my layout, among a few other challenges.  So I put this layout together and created the triangles for the banner on the Design Studio so I could cut them on the Cricut.  I then spent the next three days looking for my cartridges.  Can you believe I still don't know where my Cricut cartridges are!!!  I am so upset!!

So, I had this unfinished layout on my desk for days and finally decided to cut the triangle by hand.  I missed the deadline to post my layout for the challenge, but wanted to share it with you anyway.  Here is the sketch:



The other parts of the challenge were to use lace, use ink, add texture or embossing, and use three of something. 


I covered everthing in the layout.  I used the sketch, used an embossing border punch from Martha Stewart, used brown ink on the all the squares and the banners, used the little rhinestones in three different places and instead of lace, I used the swirly border at the bottom of the page.

1 comment:

  1. Gr8 take on the Sketch!! Such a pretty LO. Thanx for the lovely comment left on my blog..

    ReplyDelete